Saturday, July 21, 2012

You are Beautiful

Sometimes thinking outside the box requires some change in thought patterns. The other night, I was fussing at myself about how I didn't like this or that about my physical appearance. Standing in front of the mirror, between making funny faces at myself, I just saw the things I didn't like.

Yesterday, I was inspired to read Genesis. So, naturally, I just started at the beginning, when God was creating everything. I came to the part where he created the first people. It said that they were created in His image. And it just... connected.

I am created by the God of the universe to be exactly how I am.

I am created in the image of the God of the universe.

And He thinks I am perfect and beautiful.

From that moment on, I just couldn't allow myself to stand in front of the mirror and simply see flaws. I had to see the beauty, and I had to see God. So, I put a small reminder up.

Excuse the picture blurry-ness... but it says "You are beautiful because you were created by God, in His image, and God doesn't make mistakes!"

From now on I will push myself not to view the flaws, the things I think were put there by mistake, but I will push myself to see the things that are beautiful. The things God put there on purpose, because He doesn't make mistakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment