Tuesday, July 31, 2012

New Camera

So I got a new camera yesterday... well, it's used, but it's new to me. :) Canon 5D, purchased new by the original owner (a photographer) in 2008. I am excited about my new acquisition!

The buttons and setting adjustments are fairly different than anything I have ever worked with, however the full-frame sensor is completely worth the short learning curve. I took it out today to learn a few things about it and just get used to the layout and feel of the camera. I highly enjoyed my time spent with it today, and I am looking forward to the next day I can get out with it again! I am doing photoshoots on both Thursday and Friday, so I am excited to use the camera on some human subjects! Haha...

I currently have 2 lenses for my camera, a Canon EF 50mm f1.8 prime lens, that I use mainly just for portraits, and a Canon EF 28-200mm f3.5-5.6 USM that I am using for general all-purpose and some portraits. I used the latter for my adventure today. I am fairly pleased with the lens, especially considering I got such a good deal on it after trading in a bunch of old gear. It's a used lens, but in good shape. I'll pretty much be using my tripod all the time with it, but that's fine. :) The handheld pictures I got today were pretty sharp, however I believe in low-light situations, they won't be quite as sharp.

The lens had good reviews overall, some amateur photographers gave it 5-star perfect reviews, some of the pro's gave it lower reviews. It will be good for the time being until I can afford some L series lenses (which, quite honestly, probably won't be for a long time).

Anyway, I hope you've enjoyed the fun pictures! There should be more coming soon, as I can get out and use my new gadgets!

No comments:

Post a Comment