Wednesday, August 15, 2012

DIY Lens Pouches

Hello friends!

I'm sure in my previous blog post, you all saw my new DIY camera bag! I'm sure you all have been wondering what the fancy cloth pouches were inside the bag.

They are my newly created fancy lens pouches! I made them to keep my lenses from getting scuffed up, dusty and keep them generally scratch-resistant while they are being stored or carried around.

As always, the material was purchased at the local thrift store. The nylon cord I purchased from a craft store. I burnt the ends with a lighter to keep them from fraying. Woohoo!

This guy really helped speed up the process and keep stitches even... cause my sewing is not stellar (thanks, Grandma!!).
Here are a few pictures from the endeavor:

For my 50mm f1.8 prime with lens hood attached:

And for my 100-300mm f3.5-5.6 USM discontinued lens:

The third one you see in the very first picture, the brown one with the tiny white dots is the one I made for my 28-200mm superzoom f3.5-5.6 USM lens that I was currently using to take the pictures.

I am currently thinking about making another one of these, a little larger, to hold my camera + an attached lens for times when it's not in use, as kind of a dust-and-scuff-protection. Hmm... which fabric to use? I'm kind of leaning toward the brown with the tiny white dots, the same pattern I used for the superzoom lens.

No comments:

Post a Comment