Tuesday, August 14, 2012

DIY Fashion Designer Camera Bag

Oh. My. Goodness.

I have been so excited to share this cool DIY project with you all!

So, for the longest time I have been desperately wanting a Kelly Moore camera bag. You know, those fancy fashion purse-y bags that don't look ugly and dull like the normal camera bag (you can see Kelly Moore camera bags HERE). The particular look I wanted was THIS ONE, but the downside was that it wasn't big enough to hold my gear. The one that was big enough was about $250, and didn't look as cool in my opinion.

Let's face it... I'm thrifty. I don't like spending unnecessary dollars. Purchasing a camera bag for the sake of looking pretty at $250 plus shipping when I already had a fully-functional, yet very dull and ugly bag just couldn't be justified.

I knew what I had to do: make one myself.

I set out on the search for a good DIY tutorial starting point. HERE is the best one I found.

Using this tutorial, I was finally able to make my beautiful bag! And I am more than satisfied. I have the look I wanted, and a size large enough to hold all of my gear. :) Here are some photos of the process and finished product:



My sewing skills are terrifying, but it didn't matter. I tried to put one side of velcro on the panels, hoping it would stick to the flannel, but the velcro didn't. So right now, my divider panels are free-floating. It seems to be working out fine that way, so I am probably going to keep them that way. My camera fits on top in the empty section. I'm hoping I can get some better pictures tomorrow while I'm out on a couple of photo shoots. :) The whole thing took me probably about 4 hours to do.

**update** Took some fancy photos using a friend of mine as a model. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment