Friday, February 24, 2012

thrift store finds and a day-planning trick!

I wanted to write today about a couple of very awesome thrift store finds I scored this past week, as well as an awesome day-planning visual tool that has helped me to become more productive!

First of all, the fun thrift store finds!

I was very happy to have scored two beautiful, barely-worn designer skirts at my local thrift store! Here are a couple of pictures of my finds:

This one is a Calvin Klein skirt, it's black and white (but looks grey if you squint or are standing far away). Knee-length, very versatile. Looks like it has never been worn. $3.00. What a great deal!!



This is a beautiful business-suit type skirt from The Limited. It is actually dark blue with vertical light blue pinstripes. I have the perfect pair of shoes to go with this one! Although, unsure of what to wear on top, since most of my tops are black. I'll have to locate a blue sweater or something. 


I also wanted to share a cool, creative visual idea on how to organize a successful day. I made this little handy wall-hanging visual aid for day-planning:

I have it hanging in my kitchen. Every evening before I go to bed, I spend about 5 minutes carefully considering and making a list of all the things I have to remember to do the next day. I look at my cleaning schedule, at my list of home projects that need to get done, things for my work, people to return calls and emails to, you know, the like. 

This is a simple 8x10 photo frame that I put scrapbook paper in with the words "Day Plan". The background is kind of hard to see, it's a yellow scrapbook page with white flowers. It matches my little cabin kitchen nicely but stands out enough that it catches my eye. I can use any color dry erase skinny marker to write on it, and all throughout the day I can watch tasks whisk off easily with a kleenex or paper towel as I do them. I have also found that planning for the next day before bed, putting it in writing, and putting it somewhere that is clearly visual from pretty much anywhere in the house, keeps me accountable to myself and helps me keep on-task. That way, I wake up, I know what the plan is, and then I do it. I also write in some fun activities I would like to enjoy, so when I am done with the tasks, I can do something fun! 

Happy thrifting, and happy planning!! If you have had any recent awesome thrift store finds, post a comment about them! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment