Tuesday, October 9, 2012

yummy shortbread cookies



Yes, this is what I am enjoying at the moment. Along with a cup of homemade soy dark hot chocolate and a fire crackling in the fireplace (courtesy of my homemade java log, see previous post).

Made shortbread cookies for the first time ever today!! And they turned out pretty good, if I may say so myself. :) Shortbread cookies are a common joy in the home where I grew up, and they are my dad's favorite type of cookie.

Here's the recipe I used:

Maraner's Shortbreads

1 cup butter
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 tsp white sugar
1 small egg
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour

Cream butter with sugars; add egg and vanilla. Blend in flour. Fashion into balls; flatten with cookie stamp on cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.

Super easy, huh? Got this recipe from my Grandma who also gave me some Maraner's stoneware cookie stamps, which are adorable! They kinda worked out for this batch, as you can see, but I think next time I will refrigerate the dough, then stamp it, and it will probably hold the mold a little better during baking.

Here are some more pictures of the little tasties:



And a picture of the cookie stamps... I bet a person with access to clay and a kiln could make their own!


And proof that I ate... a few. :)


Give them a shot... and let me know how it went! Mess was minimal and they didn't take a whole ton of effort. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment